Why Southeastern Babe Ruth?
Teach Life Lessons and Leadership
Build the Community
Southeastern Babe Ruth is a 13-16 year old competitive baseball league, in a local community setting. The games are played at a great facility located at Veterans Park with great opportunities to further develop baseball skills and sportsmanship. SEBR is chartered with the national Babe Ruth Organization.
We will continue the tradition of excellence that is Southeastern.
We offer a 13YO Division for 13 year olds and a 16U Division for players ages 13-16.
13 year olds must play in the 13YO Division but can also play in the 16U Division.
(Ages as of May 1)
13YO Division Format:
- April 10th – June 10th: Games on Monday through Friday.
- 1st half of season will focus on player development
2nd half of season will feature a Round Robin (RR) schedule and tournament seeding based on RR record.
- All 13YO Div. games will be played at the 54/80 Dimensions.
- Summer: Tournaments hosted on weekends at SEBR.
- Fees: $200 if only playing 13YO. $250 if playing 13YO and 16U. Fees include 5 value cards that can be sold for $10/ea.
16U Division Format:
- Beginning week of April 10th thru Memorial Day, all teams will play on Saturday and Sunday aft. and one day during the week.
- Games will be played at the regulation 60/90 Dimensions.
- Fees: $250. Fee includes 5 value cards that can be sold for $10/ea.
For the 13YO Division, coaches can protect up to 7 players (and possibly more depending upon approval of the Board after evaluating the number of 13YO sign ups and other factors). Unprotected players will be chosen in the 13YO draft. For the 16U Division, 13 year olds who also sign up for the 16U Division, 14-16 year old players who are new to the league, and returning JV-only players will be drafted in a separate 16U draft.
Who can play SEBR?
Southeastern Babe Ruth is open to any child interested in playing baseball in Lexington and the surrounding counties. The league participant map outlining the district for postseason all-star consideration encompasses the eastern half of Lexington (east of Nicholasville road south of Main Street and east of Broadway north of Main Street).